I recently took my CC-01 Isuzu Mu on holiday with me. Here’s a short video and some photos of it in action.
The CC-01 has easily become my favorite Tamiya chassis. It runs well out of the box without hop ups and gives a great scale look. The only thing I changed in mine was to use a 55t motor.
After a major downpour on Friday I stumbled across a flooded car park which I thought would be perfect for testing my e-Gemini on water. The craft performs remarkably well, hovering gracefully and turning on six pence. As you can see I am still getting used to the handling. 🙂
Funnily enough the e-Gemini was the first hovercraft kit that I brought way back in 2013. Unfortunately because of the space required to build it and the fact it looked a little overwhelming back then I have put it off till now.
The kit requires a lot of manual Continue reading Getting back to the e-Gemini
Now I have a more space to work I decided to build a hovercraft kit I have had lying around for a few months.
This is the X500 kit made by Palaform and electronics aside it is a cheap kit thanks it it being made out of correx.
The hull arrives in pre cut sheets and theses are folder / glued together in order to build the structure.
Putting the hull together requires a glue gun, Continue reading Palaform X500 Hovercraft
Last night I started working on the gun for the M107. The gun is interesting because it has lots of moving parts that you have to make sure are not glued. It is also massive and I have no idea how this thing will fit into a display case.
I could not resist test fitting it to the hull to see how it looked. It still needs some cleaning up and a few more parts added before being painted.
Last year I built the Pimoroni Pirate Radio which I have been listening to whilst building stuff ever since. The board the powers the audio on the radio supports two speakers but the radio as standard only has one.
Pimoroni recently released an additional matching speaker that can be attached to the other channel on the radio. It was reasonably priced so I decided to pick it up and upgrade my radio to stereo. Continue reading Stereo Pirate Radio
Its been a while since I posted about the 3D printer build. This is because I decided to wait for the rest of the parts to arrive before finishing it all in one go.
I apologise that there may be a few black holes in this section of the build where I am missing photos.
Here is a summary of the second half of the build. Continue reading Finishing the idbox 3D Printer