You may have seen a long time ago I made a post with a load of blue aluminium upgrades for my tt01 car. Well I completely forgot about the oil filled shocks shown in that post and have just got round to building them and installing them.
The process for building the 3Racing shocks is pretty standard to any others I have built and the parts were of good quality.
Even the spring was easy to fit which can be a right pain going by the ones I built for the Red Bull car.
These only took a few minutes to build. I think I spent longer waiting for the bubbles in the oil to disappear than anything else. They replace the standard friction dampers you get in most Tamiya kits.
I have had my eye on the Tamiya Silvia Coppermix drift kit before I got back into R/c.
Recently it disappeared from the store I always saw it on and it looks like you can now only import the model from America or Hong Kong.
So I decided to instead go for a standard chassis XB RTR version of the model and upgrade it myself as these are cheaper and more easily available.
It arrived today from Germany and has already had its first upgrades installed.
The initial hop ups I have installed are an aluminum drive shaft and race bearings to replace all standard bearings / bushings.
I found the main gear can be annoying to get back in without taking the rear differential apart. When you take the drive shaft out the bevel pinion gears attaching to the diffs drop making it difficult to re-insert the drive shaft. Good job I had to replace the bearings in the differentials anyway.
All in all its pretty easy to take apart and rebuild.
I have drift tyres and a sport tuned motor on the way as the next step.