The shell is cut out and being test fitted to mark holes for body post etc. It’s had a few coats of paint but still transparent.
New body shell for my sledgehammer S50
I decided my sledgehammer needed a bit of spicing up and always wanted to add lights to it so it made sense to buy a new shell.
I wanted it to be a truck body so went with HPI’s Ford-150 shell for savage monster trucks.
Here it is as it arrived.
Completely drenched and still working fine.
Repaired my monster truck, its running faster than ever!
Last night I repaired my Sledgehammer S50. I took it out for a test drive today and its running faster than it ever has before.
About a month ago my exhaust somehow become detached from my engine. I can only think this happened after my monster truck flipped while turning at speed. Because of the great performance of the S50 I do tend to drive it quite fast!
There was no actual visible damage to the car except some scorch marks on the manifold and one of the screws holding the manifold to the engine had come out. I tried to order a manifold set from Modelzone but surprise, surprise they had none readily available. So for the second time I tried phoning up Modelzone spare department. As with the last time I contacted them they said they would have the part in 1 – 2 weeks and they would phone me. As expected I have still heard nothing from them. Thankfully my dad being an adapt ebay user managed to track down some screws that fit it and the total repair bill come to less than £2.
I re-tuned my engine after re-attaching the manifold and now its got the best performance I have seen so far. Its fast enough to pull wheelies just like in the promotional video.