Tiger Tank Update: First Set of Tracks Fitted


I finally got around to doing some more of my tiger tank build at the weekend. Last week I received the final parts of the series so I thought it was time to get back into it. In this session I fitted the exhaust stacks to the back of the tank and added the left track. The track is made of 96 metal links held together with pins.


I did encounter some badly cast track links, but these were overcome with a bit of filing and brute force.

The tracks fresh out of the packaging.
Spraying the track links black.
Joining the links.
The complete left track.

1/16 Tiger Tank Progress

I finally got round to doing some more work on my Tiger Tank. The parts I have been working on are the lower hull and front plate.

The brass etched mud flaps were a pain as you had to bend all the tiny parts into shape.
It is proving to be an expensive model to paint, I used two cans of spray paint on the hull and road wheels alone.

Ba-64 Armoured Car

This is a cheap model I ordered from emodels. It was made by a company in Moscow and the quality of the kit is particularly poor compared to the likes of Tamiya, Revell and Airfix. Still it was a quick build and I don’t think it turned out too bad. I particually like the slogans in Russian covering the hull.

The gunner is from a pack of Tamiya Russian tank crewman.