I have wanted this model for a while but always thought it was a bit expensive for what you get. I was pointed in the direction of Amazon Continue reading Torro m16 Half Track upgraded with elmod
Fitted 3Racing oil filled shocks to my tt01
You may have seen a long time ago I made a post with a load of blue aluminium upgrades for my tt01 car. Well I completely forgot about the oil filled shocks shown in that post and have just got round to building them and installing them.
The process for building the 3Racing shocks is pretty standard to any others I have built and the parts were of good quality.
Even the spring was easy to fit which can be a right pain going by the ones I built for the Red Bull car.
These only took a few minutes to build. I think I spent longer waiting for the bubbles in the oil to disappear than anything else. They replace the standard friction dampers you get in most Tamiya kits.
I have created a monster!
Over the last few evenings I finally got round to building the Volkswagen Wheelie Camper that I got in the Modelzone closing down sale.
The Car is complete except the body post mounts and the stickers on the bodyshell.
I have replaced all bearings and bushings with ball race bearings and upgraded the motor to a 12×2. This of course also required a different ESC as well.
I gave it a Spektrum splash proof receiver as Spektrum is the only radio technology I use if I can help it. This means I can bind and control all my models from a single transmitter.
Tamiya were a bit cheeky with this kit as it said it included a ball race option pack but there were not enough bearings to go around. Luckily I have a bag of them so this was not an issue.
I made the mistake of giving this a quick test indoors. This lead to it hoping off the spot doing a back flip and smashing the on/off switch.
To fix this I had to solder the wires together where the switch once existed.
I think I will finish mounting the shell before playing with it anymore!
Thunder Tiger Buggy Orion 12×2 Motor Tyre Ballooning
My stock 17.5 Thunder tiger smoked out last week so I have replaced it with an orion 12×2 motor.
Modelsport is currently selling orion motors at half price.
I am tempted to pick up some more as spares.
Installed Aluminium arms on my TT01 chassis
It’s getting pretty blue with hop ups now. I can now set the camber on all 4 wheels. Not played with it too much but will adjust it for drifting.
Phoenix BX gear mesh fixed and ball-raced
Last time I was out with this buggy a gear stripped and I later found out the gears were not meshing properly. When my ball-race bearings arrived I took the car apart upgraded it and re-meshed the gears. Its now running at a decent pace and it great fun to drive!
I was filming in one hand and steering with the other which is way the steering’s a little crazy.
Bumper Delivery of parts today!
Arms with adjustable camber, oil filled shocks and propeller joints for the drive shaft. All are Aluminium replacing plastic parts. Shocks need to be built and filled with oil so they will need to set overnight.
Ball Joint Steering Upgrade for Silvia (TT01 Chassis)
Today I fitted a part aluminium ball joint steering upgrade to my TT01 chassis. This replaces the stock steering track which is all plastic and screwed in. This upgrade has improved steering control which is especially handy when drifting.
The upgrade item is a 3Racing Steering Track. It says it is for the TT01E but comes with the parts also needed to fit it to the TT01.
New steering track in action.
Why I can drive my car in heavy rain.
Waterproofing the receiver is as simple as stretching a party balloon over it and tightening the end where the wires come out. I had already replaced my stock speed controller with one that happened to be water resistant so no action was needed there.