Giving my Tamiya TT01 a little drift session after its hop-ups and drift tyres are fitted.
My first batch of parts for the Red Bull 7 kit arrived today.
The parts include bits of the front wing, rear wing, a wheel and an oil filled shock to build.
The front wing had some small parts that were pretty annoying to fit but I got there in the end.
You can see the oil filled shock balanced between paint pots in the photo.
This is to let the oil spread around the shock assembly and remove pockets of air.
Here is a test of the TT01 with its first parts. I forgot to put my head on straight this morning. Sorry!
Replaced all gearbox/wheel bearings and bushings with ballrace bearings. (Bearings in photo are originals)
Next in line is a more powerful motor and possibly conversion to Lipo.
A short video I made showing a simple lighting circuit that is running off of an external power supply.
The LED’s shown in the video would not light up using the led controller I installed so I had to run them off of a 9V battery instead.
I decided my sledgehammer needed a bit of spicing up and always wanted to add lights to it so it made sense to buy a new shell.
I wanted it to be a truck body so went with HPI’s Ford-150 shell for savage monster trucks.
Here it is as it arrived.
This is a cheap model I ordered from emodels. It was made by a company in Moscow and the quality of the kit is particularly poor compared to the likes of Tamiya, Revell and Airfix. Still it was a quick build and I don’t think it turned out too bad. I particually like the slogans in Russian covering the hull.
The gunner is from a pack of Tamiya Russian tank crewman.