Recently I have been doing some work on my tt01 to finish upgrading and repair it.
Here I have brought some work rims and fitted HPI super drift tyres to them to give the wheels a more customised look than the Tamiya ones that came with the model.
Fitting the tyres to rims is easier said than done. You can heat up the tyres in a saucepan to make them soft enough to snap right on but I have not been brave enough to attempt that yet.
I use a screw driver to work my way round the wheel fitting it into the tyre a bit at a time.
The wheels come with a sticker sheet but at the moment I think they look better as they are without the stickers.
You can see the real wheels here
Today I installed a Tamiya sport tuned motor on my TT01 chassis and Blackfoot Truck.
Its a small upgrade compared to going for a brushless motor but I managed to get two sport tuned motors real cheap on an Amazon store.
I also fitted some Tamiya drift tyres to the TT01 that I brought on eBay.
Tamiya sport tuned motor
Motor and wheels installed
Motor attached to Blackfoot Chassis