I felt like doing a bit of hand painting this week and decided to give the Flames of War Tiger tank I built a go.
I thought it would be nice to go for a simple camouflage pattern and decided on green and brown stripes over the yellow base coat. The green looked pretty horrific to begin with.
Next I painted the hull gun black and painted the crew.
The tracks were painted flat brown. Here you can see the wheels and sprockets before they are given a wash. The next image shows how much difference a wash coat makes.
I use mig productions washes and the one here is for yellow or light coloured armour. I was very impressed with the detailed it brought out.
I applied the wash to the rest of the model and then gave a bit of dry brushing a go.
A view from above.
I am very pleased with this paint job as painting really is my weak point when it comes to model making, and I feel I learned something practising on this model.