I had some trouble with the brush-less motor when testing the car where accelerating or reversing would cut out the electronics. I managed to sort this by setting the throttle channel on the transmitter to normal instead of reverse then performing the throttle range set up on the ESC again.
I also cut of the Tamiya connectors and replaced them with deans as this was recommended in the motor manual.
Next I started on the head lights. Using my reamer I made holes for the led’s in the front and rear light housings.
I then glued the LED’s into place.
I connected the leds to a lighting kit which offers a bunch of pre-programmed light functions depending on where you plug the lights in.
Testing the head lights.
And the rear lights.
I added the wing mirrors Volkswagen badge and stickers.
Front with California number plate.
Sponsor stickers on side of car.
The complete rear.
Testing the lights in the garden.
I was amazed at how well they work.
I still have the driver left to paint and some aftermarket parts left to add.